It’s a question that has perplexed parents for thousands of years and will likely continue to do so for thousands more. Kids of all ages and backgrounds misbehave from time to time. Kids who live in amazing homes with amazing families and amazing lives also misbehave. It is baffling to so many people. But the truth is, kids often misbehave for one of a few different reasons, like:
· Attention: Some attention is better than no attention so do not be surprised if your child misbehaves because they want your attention. Make sure to spend plenty of time with the kids so this problem does not affect your household.
· Pushing Limits: Kids want to see how many buttons they can push before they get in trouble. It is all a part of growing up and testing boundaries. That is why setting rules is so important.
· Boredom: Yes, when kids get bored they will misbehave. Make sure your kids have lots of entertainment and fun things to do to occupy their time so boredom does not cause misbehaviors.
· Imitation: When kids see other people around them acting in certain ways, they’re more likely to imitate the behavior. This includes brothers and sisters, parents, or even friends.
· Independence: Kids want to feel all grown up and sometimes they forget they are not. They often misbehave, talk back, etc. because they are testing their independence from their parents.
When the behaviors that your child has affect school or get out of control, behavioral therapists provo professionals may provide a solution. If you feel the behavior is out of control or that you cannot control it, maybe it is time to seek help from an outside source who has the skills and expertise to help.